Monastery on Mount Fruška Gora north of Sremska Mitrovica. Petkovica was never an independent monastery, but in 1741 it became appendage of Sisatovac Monastery. Probably one of the oldest monasteries in the area, although the exact time of its origin has not been determined. It is assumed that it was built after the restoration of the Peć patriarchate in 1557. National legend attributes it to Jelena Štiljanović, widow of Despot Stefan Štiljanović, who spent her last days in the monastery as a nun. The church was built in the traditional style of Serbian architecture, icons painted in 1588 and dedicated to St. Petka. Original iconostasis is lost with no trace, a new altar screen is made in 1735. In the 17th century the monastery was quite rusty, and the Metropolitan Pajsije saved from demolition by Sinan Bey. In the 18th century it was rebuilt several times. During World War II, the church was abandoned, and everything in it, including some old icons, were taken away and destroyed. The iconostasis was destroyed, and the cross was transferred to the Museum of Srem in Sremska Mitrovica. Restoration of the church and cleaning of the murals were performed 1950/52. year, and conservation works were resumed in 1981.